Friday, April 13, 2012

Communicating with your Child


                                                                           Originally written March 3, 2012

One of the delights of working with SOVCO for me is sending emails back and forth to the director in Africa. I just love the Ugandan way of putting things. Here is an example:

"Well yesterday on Monday, the 27th February 2012, I went to visit our
orphans how they are doing and found out that, they are doing well.
Indeed my sister, I must tell you that, our orphans are so discipline
in such a sense that, the moment they saw me, all of them ran and came
to welcome me immediately saying "Uncle, you are most welcomed in our
school" and they asked me ''Uncle, how are you doing?" Then I told them,
 "I am fine."
 I gave them the incisors today so that the guardians can shape off
their hairs by this Friday, hence to be smarter than other pupils."

As for letter-writing with the children, I bet getting a letter from you would put a smile on their faces...

To read more, please click on this link:
Communicating With Your Child

No comments:

Post a Comment